Sunday, 13 May 2012

Mother's Day

It's second Sunday of May again, each year today, Malaysia, India, United States, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Turkey, etc  will be celebrating mother's day. While for England, they celebrate Mother's Day on the fourth Sunday in Lent, France celebrate it on first Sunday of June or last Sunday in May. Other country has their own specific dates in celebrating Mother's Day. For Thailand, they celebrate Mother's day on Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara which falls on 12 August, Mexico on 8 May, Albania on 8 March, Russia on 28 November, Poland on 26 May, Indonesia on 22 December, Egypt on 21 March and Norway on 13 February.


Actually everyday is Mother's day. We have to love our mother everyday. Today is just a day to remind you to  show that you are thankful and appreciate hat you have mum to take care of you. There are so many kids out there who weren't as lucky as us. Their mum either passed away when they were very young or they have to be separated. Always appreciate your mum while she is still here with you. Do it now, it's never too late.

I know some of you might say you hate your mum when she scolded you or you have argued with her, but please don't. You will never know how badly she felt when she scolded you or some elder mums who have hit you. They gave birth to you. This make it special that you and your mum is connected. Even when you are apart, you and your mum will still be connected. It is like some kind of special strength that happens naturally. Mum is your first best friend in the world. She know how to comfort you when you are sad, she breast fed you when you don't know even know how to speak and just cry for hunger. She always know what to do when you cry when you cant even express yourself.

This year today, is different for me. I am away from home, I am not beside mum, I didn't make any handmade card for mum like I always do since young until last year, I cant attend family gathering with mum and my cousins like pass few years where we all celebrate mother's day with grandma. I miss home so much. I am quite upset that I cant celebrate Mother's day with mum today. I can't hug her, I can't feel her body temperature.

Although I have didn't do anything special today , but mum love my wish and a photo that I have edited.
No matter what you do for mum, she will always love it because she know that you made it by using your truthful heart. I still remember I first cook for her and it was nothing special but she finished everything and say it was nice. This is mum, she will always support you for doing something good. I still remember that it was during my SPM year and dad was very angry that I have joined volleyball competition but mum was there mentally supporting me always. Even when I have lost the game, she didn't know say anything but she was there cheering me up. It was very heart warming. Thank you mum for everything you have done.



Happy Mother's Day, Mothers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment